Thank you for requesting a quote!
Rates & Quick Quote
TECâ€™s fees are based on the length and difficulty of the project and on fair market rates.
For a Quick Quote, fill out our online form and send us up to 5 pages of your work. Please note these are not hard and fast costs, but estimates to help you determine if you want go ahead. We do not charge for these estimates.
If you are ready to start work with us, we will review your material and outline a budget for the editing costs.
Rates as of January 2019 (HST applies for Canadian residents)
- Our rates start at $50/hour and up for editing and proofreading projects
- Substantive editing $65/hour (quotes can be provided based on length and complexity of the project)
- Indexing $7 to $8/page for academic books and $4/page for general non-fiction (quotes can be provided)
- One-time consult to discuss your manuscript: $250 flat fee for 90 minutes. Includes 15-minute phone consult to determine what you would like to discuss about the publishing process; research and preparation for the meeting. Prepayment required for this service
- Publishing Management and Publishing Consulting projects are estimated per project
- Fees for an assessment of a full manuscript depend on length and complexity
- Rates for corporate and B2B projects provided on request
File Upload Instructions
To attach a file, click "browse" below, choose your document, then click "open" on your upload window.
If you have difficulty sending this way, email your 5-page sample directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!