Thank you for requesting a quote!
Rates & Quick Quote
TECâ€™s fees are based on the length and difficulty of the project and on fair market rates.
For a Quick Quote, fill out our online form and send us up to 5 pages of your work. Please note these are not hard and fast costs, but estimates to help you determine a budget for your project. We do not charge for these estimates.
We will send the estimate to you by email for your review. We can then have a phone chat to discuss the estimate and, more importantly, to discuss your project. Once we have the details confirmed, we can set a schedule to get you started.
Rates as of January 2020 (HST applies for Canadian residents)
- Our rates start at $50/hour and up for editing and proofreading projects
- Substantive editing $65/hour (quotes can be provided based on length and complexity of the project)
- Rates for corporate and B2B projects provided on request
- Indexing $7 to $8/page for academic books and $4/page for general non-fiction (quotes can be provided)
- Ask us about our rates for the editing of dissertations and theses (grad students)
- One-time consult to discuss your manuscript: $250 flat fee for 90 minutes. Includes 15-minute phone consult to determine what you would like to discuss about the publishing process; research and preparation for the meeting. Prepayment required for this service
- Publishing Management and Publishing Consulting projects are estimated per project
- Fees for an assessment of a full manuscript depend on length and complexity
File Upload Instructions
To attach a file, click "browse" below, choose your document, then click "open" on your upload window. Please send Word document files and PDFs of up to 5 pages.
Through April 2020, please email your 5-page sample directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you so much!