As The Editing Company grows, so will our team. We would love to hear from sharp-eyed editors and proofreaders who know the meaning of consistency, can handle detail, know their reference materials, and have a good sense of what’s going on in the world. Our clients demand high-quality performance, and so do we. If you think you have these talents and skills, we want to hear from you.
Assistant to the Senior Editor
The Editing Company offers editing and proofreading services to academic and trade publishers, authors, and businesses. Our editors handle numerous editing projects for journals, academic presses, non-fiction publishers, self-publishing authors, organizations, and associations. Our Company is growing and we are in need of an Assistant to work closely with our Senior Editor.
The position will require training and confidentiality, a commitment to quality work as an Assistant, and the capacity to develop editorial skills to assist with editing projects as the position develops. The primary focus of this position is to provide assistance to the Senior Editor with the everyday running of the Company.
· Good organizational know-how
· Ideas for developing systems
· Ability to create micros/shortcuts
· Good website content management skills
· Good writing skills
· Strong comfort level with speaking with clients, managing incoming phone calls
· An eye for detail
· A sense of humour
· Ability to work as a team member and individually
· Strong computer skills: PC, Excel, Outlook, Adobe
· Good editing and proofreading skills
· Flexibility and capacity to “switch gears” under pressure
Start Date: OPEN
Training: There will be training sessions over two to three weeks.
Possible schedule for training: Mon, Tues, Wed: 8:30 to 10:30 am (6 hours/week)
As soon as the Assistant is confident in knowledge about the Company and her/his responsibilities, regular hours would commence.
Regular Hours: Mon to Thursday, 8:30 to 12:30
Time: 16 hours/week
· Preparing project management schedules & setting up new projects
· Blog management / blog writing
· Assisting with the development of Resource Materials
· Assisting with website updates on a weekly basis
· Managing emails: responding to queries and quote requests
· Developing filing systems for the paperwork
· Developing an address book for clients, freelancers, other contacts
Please note: We appreciate the interest of all candidates, but only those with suitable qualifications will be contacted for an interview.
If this is a position that interests you, please send your résumé with two professional references to:
The Editing Company
As this is an open start date, the Senior Editor will contact qualified individuals for interviews as applications are received. Thank you for your interest in working with The Editing Company.